It may be cold and icy outside but in the Sakai world we’re already thinking about Summer! Summer rosters are now in Sakai so instructors can go ahead and create their Summer course sites. Spring Break is next week, so this could be the best time for you to knock out these Summer course sites out of the way!
Create Course Site
1. In your My Workspace tab, select Worksite Setup
2. Select New > course site
3. Select the 1st or 2nd Summer 2014 Academic term
NOTE: Maymester course rosters are listed under the 1st Summer 2014 Academic term.
4. Check roster of course you want to create
NOTE: This process creates only one course site at a time. Checking multiple rosters will attach all checked rosters on one course site. Accidentally added multiple rosters?
5. Continue through the steps to create your course site
NOTE: You can duplicate old course material in the course site you are creating. At the bottom of the Course Site Tools page is the option to Re-use Material from Other Sites You Own. Select “Yes, from these sites:” and choose the courses from which you want to reuse material. Continue onto the next step to select which tools you want duplicated.
Sakai & ConnectCarolina
Regarding Sakai and ConnectCarolina, please note:
- You must be listed as Primary Instructor, Secondary Instructor, Proxy, or Dean (new Registrar role) in ConnectCarolina to create a course site in Sakai
- Rosters are NOT attached to Teaching Assistant accounts
- If your roster is not listed in Sakai, contact your departmental course scheduling officer to list you as an Instructor in ConnectCarolina
- If you were recently added as an Instructor in ConnectCarolina, wait up to 24 hours to see the roster attached to your Sakai account
- Teaching Assistants should be added to a course through ConnectCarolina to inherit appropriate permissions
Contact the ITS Help Desk at 962-HELP if you have any questions. We are here to help!